The following positions are open for application at NYQM:
(click the + sign next to the position title for the description and application information)
New York Quarterly Meeting (NYQM) of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) is seeking an experienced Director of Facilities to supervise, manage and direct facilities at three New York City locations. NYQM has recently completed a comprehensive planning process and has begun implementing necessary facilities upgrades.
The newly created position will report to the General Manager concerning day to day operations as well as serving as liaison to the Interim Facilities Committee to support the strategic plan and overarching mission of the organization.
Summary of Responsibilities:
• Assisting the General Manager, creates and manages operations and capital budgets.
• Ensures campus is in compliance with federal, state and local laws as well as specific life safety and environmental health regulations.
• Manages contracted and vendor services for proper compliance and expected service levels.
• Determines balance between in-sourced and out-sourced work.
• Develops sustainability and energy management protocols.
• Supervises cleaning and reception staff.
• Manages vendors and repairs.
• Directs the work of implementing necessary facilities updates identified in the recent planning process.
• Ensures staff recognize the 24/7/365 coverage requirements.
• Contributes to and supports the organization’s objectives and goals utilizing a collaborative approach.
• Maintains facilities in good repair and free of hazards.
• Hold a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, architecture, safety, or related fields preferred.
• 10+ years of experience in facility operations, preferably in a not for profit, university, senior living, hospitality and/or healthcare environment.
• Availability to work on Sundays periodically.
• Potentially possess applicable certifications or licenses.
• Possess general knowledge of: supervisory skills; operation and maintenance of facilities management services; low pressure steam boilers; refrigeration and AC; generators; plumbing and electrical systems; blue print reading; equipment maintenance; cleaning chemicals; infection control procedures; and universal precautions.
• Possess knowledge of basic computer skills.
• Possess good verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of NYC fire code.
Recruiting is being managed by the General Manager who will be the sole point of contact for the application process. Apply by sending a letter of interest, current resume and salary history to Ahmet Baydur at firstname.lastname@example.org.